Professional Safe Moving of People training in Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex
You can prevent many injuries by getting trained in safely moving loads and people. MJ Training, Lowestoft offers training in the efficient moving of people, including the use of hoists and other moving and handling equipment, throughout Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. Call us for more information.
Safe movement of people and loads
The health and social sector has a very high number of reported handling injuries. If you work in a role that requires you to assist or move people, this is the course for you. We will teach you the principles of manual handling, along with how to safely move loads and people, including using equipment like hoists, stand aids, slide sheets, etc.
We can deliver the following courses:
DOWNLOAD INFO ON OUR COURSES BELOW
(Either accredited or non-accredited certificate awarded)
Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (RQF) – 2 Day Course
Moving People Safely (Non Accredited Certificate) – 1 Day Course
Moving People Safely Refresher (Non Accredited Certificate) – Half Day Course
We cover the following topics:
– Responsibilities of employers and employees
– Manual handling laws
– Risk assessments and risk control hierarchy
– Potential impact to a person if moved incorrectly
– Personal handling plans
– Ways to preserve dignity, health and safety when moving a person
– Manual handling and the musculoskeletal system, including:
– Centre of gravity
– Lever system
– Key movement principles when moving a person
– Unsafe manoeuvres
Aids and equipment used to move people and objects:
– Types of aids and equipment
– Maintenance and requirements for testing
– Solo moving of people and objects
– Team moving of people and objects
– Using aids and equipment
We also offer training in health and safety.
We prepare you for your job role
MJ Training is based in Lowestoft and offers training in the Safe Moving of People across the East of England. Including, Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
Please note this course needs to be delivered at your venue, so candidates can use the equipment provide for their normal job role, we do not hold open courses in Safe Moving of People.