The Coronavirus Disease has been declared as a pandemic by the World Health Organisation as it has already been detected in almost 50 locations internationally, including the United States. Norfolk Department of Public Health (NDPH) is trying its level best to identify the people infected with the virus and prevent it from spreading any further. People are being advised to stay at home and wash their hands more frequently. Once you undergo health and safety training in Norfolk, you will know why maintaining hand hygiene is so important.
Importance Of Hand Hygiene
Not everyone is aware of the fact that infections can spread rapidly unless you maintain proper hand hygiene. They can easily pick up germs when they come in contact with an infected person or touch contaminated surfaces. Clean and healthy hands act as a barrier against the coronavirus infection. Wash your hands using a suitable alcohol-based hand rubs or hand wash to decontaminate them. Hand hygiene should be performed before you eat, apply make-up, treat a wound, handle contact lenses, prepare food or care for someone infected or ill. You should also wash your hands after changing the diapers, using the restroom, sneezing or coughing or touching animals.
Wash Your Hands The Right Way
Washing your hands is not as easy as you think. You can prevent the infection from spreading if you know the right way to wash your hands. Anyone who has undergone health and safety training in Norfolk can share the steps with you. Few of which have been stated below.
- Use water to wet your hands. Choose a comfortable temperature for the water.
- Apply hand wash and rub your palms for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover other surfaces in your hand as well like the area under the nails, your thumbs, around the rings and wrists.
- Rinse your hands properly using clean water
- Use a clean cloth towel or paper towel to dry your hands.
Using Alcohol-Based Hand Rubs? Know The Process
- Apply some amount of hand sanitiser or hand rub in each hand.
- Keep on rubbing your hands until they dry. Make sure to cover all the surfaces.
- Don’t rinse your hands after applying alcohol-based hand rubs.
Cover Properly When Coughing
A majority of the respiratory diseases, including the coronavirus, can transfer from one person to another through respiratory droplets. If you are coughing or having difficulty breathing, get in touch with a doctor immediately. Few more things you can follow to prevent a respiratory disease from spreading have been stated below,
- Use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Cough or sneeze in your sleeve if no tissue is available. It will contain the germs in the droplets.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after you sneeze.
Make sure you follow the tips stated above if you want to prevent infection and stay healthy during the pandemic.